Your trees are much like your own hair. An experienced arborist is exactly that! He has been expertly trained to ensure your trees have been delicately handled to ensure the livelihood of the tree. An inexperienced tree trimmer may not only cause injury to the tree but to himself as well. At Marc’s Tree Service, we are dedicated 100% to your safety and to the care of your tree!
Topping is a much more invasive procedure and is generally performed with very little regard to growth pattern or even the tree’s appearance. “Topping” is similar to “pruning” in that they both are performed to remove extremely excessive parts above and beyond normal height and structure. However, pruning is a more precise procedure that focuses on the natural growth patterns of the tree. Selectively removing excessive growth creates room for new growth and also makes the tree more attractive pleasing to the eye.
Routine tree trimming can be performed whenever necessary. At Marc’s Tree Service we suggest to do your more extensive pruning in the fall, winter, or summer. Trees use tremendous energy producing new foliage, so they tend to be more vulnerable to infection and stress in the spring. Thus, the spring should be avoided for heavy pruning.
Trees that receive proper care have a tendency to live longer, healthier lives. So, what can you do to help your trees?
- Trust your tree to an experienced tree care professional such as Marc’s Tree Services.
- Keep pets away from your more delicate and younger “baby” trees.
- DO NOT nail objects onto your trees or cut the bark, trunk, or branches of your trees.
- Be very careful with the lawn mower around the trunks of your trees.
- WATER, WATER AND MORE WATER! Make sure your trees receive plenty of water.
At Marc’s Tree Service, we firmly believe in the critical need for tree preservation. In doing so, we will make every effort to save a tree. However, there are circumstances when removal may be your only option. Some of these instances may be:
- The tree is considered irreparably hazardous.
- The tree is causing obstruction or harm to other trees in the area.
- The tree may need to be replaced by a new young tree more suitable to its living space.
- New construction.
Before you commit to a new tree, ask these questions:
- What size area do I have? Is there plenty of growing space both above ground and below the surface? And don’t forget about overhead utility cables, sidewalks, walkways, driveways below ground wiring, etc.
- Why do you want the tree? Is it shading, wind breaking, or are you a fruit tree lover?
- What’s the soil like? Is it deep, fertile, and well drained or is it shallow?
Never commit to a tree unless you have the time, money, and energy required. You should always take into consideration how much time you have to give to watering, feeding, and general maintenance.
- Schedule a consultation via our website or by calling our office at 316-469-4613.
- During your consultation we’ll provide you with an estimate and a written proposal.
- You approve the proposal and then you’ll be contacted to schedule the work.
- Once the work is completed you will be sent an invoice.
- Review our work on Yelp, Angie’s List, or Google+ to get $25 off your invoice!
During a consultation, we’ll meet with you to discuss your concerns and goals. We’ll also evaluate the health of your trees and generate a proposal based on your needs.
The majority of our clients are not home, and they do not have to be. Our crews are provided a work order reflecting the job specifications and a map of your property.
We’ll try to accommodate your schedule. However, we are weather dependent, meaning we may have to reschedule. Once you’ve made an appointment, we’ll contact you to confirm.
You’ll receive an invoice reflecting all the services completed that is due upon receipt. We accept checks and all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex)
Depending on the scope of work, our crew will chip up debris and remove it from your property. If contracted, large wood will be hauled and disposed of. We’ll also use a leaf blower and rake over the areas where we worked.
We guarantee all work will be done in a professional and workmanlike manner to the specifications in the contract. Our work will meet or exceed standards set by the American National Institute (ANSI) and the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA).